Oral cancer is on the rise and easy to detect by your dentist. Dr. Allison O’Brien checks every patient that she treats, every time they come in. It’s better to be safe than sorry.
Oral cancer is a devastating disease, but if caught early, you boost your chances of survival by at least 20%. There is no extra expense associated with having your mouth checked at every visit.
Here are a few symptoms and signs to watch out for:
- A persistent mouth sore that will not go away or give you relief.
- Pain in your mouth or ear and you can’t find the source.
- Chronic hoarseness without a cold or allergies.
- Nontender lump in your neck
- Problems swallowing
- A sore throat that feels different from other sore throats.
Contact Dr. Allison O’Brien if you are experiencing any of these symptoms.